Friday, May 23, 2008

Spaghetti Pie

Spaghetti Pie

Makes 9 inch pie

6 oz. spaghetti
2 Tablespoons butter
1/3 grated Parmesan cheese (I have used Parmesan in the can stuff instead and it's still good)
2 well beaten eggs
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 (8 oz) can tomatoes, cut up (I don't cut them up I just pull them apart with my fingers)
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (2 oz)
some cottage cheese

Cook the spaghetti according to package directions; drain (should have about 3 cups of spaghetti). Stir butter into hot spaghetti. Stir in Parmesan cheese and eggs. Form spaghetti mixture into a crust in a buttered 10-inch pie plate. (I just use cooking spray) Spread cottage cheese over bottom of spaghetti crust. In skillet cook ground beef, onion & green pepper until vegetables are tender and meat is browned. (not a fan of green peppers so I leave them out) Drain off excess fat stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano and garlic salt; heat through. (I usually just add all the spices in while browning the burger and I'm sure that you could just use a spaghetti sauce if you wanted to? Haven't tried it but if it's a thicker brand I think that it would work just fine.) Turn meat into spaghetti crust. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake 5 minutes more.

No comments: