Friday, May 23, 2008

Quick Chicken and Dumplings


Quick Chicken and Dumplings
Betty Crocker
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:30 min
Makes: 4 servings
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup frozen green peas and carrots
1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup
1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/3 cup milk
Paprika, if desired
1. Heat 1 1/2 cups milk, the peas and carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan, stirring frequently.
2. Stir Bisquick mix and 1/3 cup milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture (do not drop directly into liquid). Sprinkle with paprika. (When I made mine there was no way NOT to drop them directly into the liquid so I just did it anyway and it turned out GREAT so no worries if you can't avoid the liquid)
3. Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes

2 comments:

Charlotte Mathis said...

Thank you for posting these great recipes. I have two devotional blogs on blogspot. Stop by and see pics of my family. I appreciate comments.

Charlotte

raising4boys said...

I made this tonight and my kids all ate it!! (rare occasion at our house) Loved that it was so easy!!!!! Thanks for sharing your YUMMY recipes Melissa :)