Friday, May 23, 2008

Layered Pudding Dessert




Layered Pudding Dessert
Mix like pie dough. (I used my kitchen aid for this too)
1 cup chopped nuts (My mom always used walnuts and I have too but Joe hates walnuts so this time I tried it with Pecans and it was really good)
1 cup flour
1 cube margarine ♥ don't melt just soften a little ♥ (I don't use the plastic just regular old butter) :)
1 tsp sugar
Press into 9x13 pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. COOL.
Cream together:
8 oz cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar.
Fold in 8 oz cool whip. (I just used my kitchen aid for all of this and then when I added the cool whip I just used a really slow speed)
Spread over cooled crust.
Mix large instant vanilla pudding. ♥ slant 3 cups of milk ♥ Pour over cream cheese. Mix 2 small pkgs pistachio or chocolate pudding with ♥ slant 4 cups of milk ♥ you will have 3/4 cup left over. Pour chocolate/pistachio over vanilla pudding. (I didn't have 2 small pkg so I used 1 large and didn't have any left over worked great!) Then spread on cool whip (8 oz) covering with generous layer of coconut or chopped nuts or shaved chocolate. Refrigerate at least 1 or 2 hours. Softens if left out!
One of the Elders mom's used to make this recipe too and she never put coconut on it so it's very versatile you can pretty much do what ever you want for the topping!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

just one word ... YUM!