Friday, May 23, 2008

Celebration Chicken Fruit Salad

***update… I’ve been making this with celery and pinup for the past several years and it’s wonderful!!! ☺️ 

Celebration Chicken Fruit Salad

4 cups (12oz) uncooked large shell macaroni
6 cups cubed cooked chicken
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 cups mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
1 tsp. salt
3 cups sliced celery
3 cups green grapes
2 cups mayonnaise

Cook macaroni to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; rinse with cold water. In very large bowl, combine all ingredients except whipping cream. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours to blend flavors. Just before serving, fold in whipped cream. Serves 20 (1-cup) servings.
♥ To toast almonds, spread almonds evenly on cookie sheet; bake at 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes. Until light golden brown. The flavor is really enhanced by toasting the almonds. It tastes MUCH better if it's done! :) I choose not to use celery it's just not my favorite and I don't care for onions either so I leave them out as well. But I still like it when my mom makes it with them... Weird I know!

No comments: