Friday, May 23, 2008

Potato SOUP

Potato SOUP

This is Joe's mom's recipe it's soooo good. My kids LOVE it and it's so easy to make. I like it with hamburger in it as long as the grease is drained really well. I don't use a recipe really for this it's just peel a bunch of potatoes until the large pot is 1/2 to 3/4 full and then boil in salted water until soft. Drain. Put milk in the pot that you boiled the potatoes in. I fill the pot about 1/3 to 1/2 way with milk and then add a cornstarch slurry, about 1/2 cup of cornstarch and then 1/2 cup water until mixed. Bring to an "almost" boil and then add a bunch of cheese (Colby is the best for the nice creamy texture, medium cheddar taste good but the texture isn't smooth)!!! I usually add like 1 lb or 1 1/2 lbs... When it's completely melted add your seasoned cooked ground beef (or you can leave it out) and potatoes. It's also really good with broccoli... Stir together and serve. We love it in bread bowls. YUMMY. I usually do all of the cooking on medium-high because I am very impatient but I have to continually stir it so that it doesn't scorch.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I'll have to try this ... looks great in its own little bread bowl!